To those who walked with us in prayer and encouragement...

Our hearts are so deeply broken, and our lives will never be the same. John was a happy, tender, kind, courageous and honorable husband, father, son, brother, grandson, uncle, friend…and so much more! He has always provided comfort to our family as well as plenty of fun and laughs. John truly loved being an officer, and he would do it all over again - with no regrets. We will miss him dearly until we see him again in Heaven. We know this world is not our home, but this pain still hurts incredibly deep to the core. Our family is broken, but we will rejoice in sweet precious memories and the assurance that John is beside the Lord who loves him more than we ever could. John loved and was dearly loved – that is his legacy we will carry. Throughout the past week of battles, victories, joys, trials and prayers, the loving kindness and support has been amazingly beautiful and has forever humbled our family. If acts of kindness and love could have saved him, he would undoubtedly still be here with us. We do not understand, but we will learn to accept. John was a good man who lived a good life, so we consider our family blessed. He will continue to forever warm our heart and souls.



A tribute to John's life along with information about his legacy can be found at:

Sunday, January 2, 2011

1-1-11

Today would be such a good day for something big to happen as even the most calendar challenged would remember the date, 1-1-11. Being that there is no big news here to report - I feel led to make an announcement of some sort so this is what I came up with....

Drum roll please...
A new jewelry line is being launched to spread awareness and support of John!!!

Yes, it is true. Most will prefer to call them wristbands but technically that would be jewelry. I am sure they will have a very masculine look for the men but what a cool idea-not sure who's idea but I like it. Just another thing to add to the, "tell John" list. I know I will be wearing mine with pride. I don't know any details about the look or where we get them but will share when I do.

John began the new year just layin' low. He doesn't normally require much sleep but he is snoozing and catching up on some of that lost sleep from years past. No big changes since the last post except that they delayed his surgery until tomorrow. He was surgery free today so that gave his body additional time to heal. They were able to get color back in his fingers today with warming blankets to promote better circulation. Still lots going on but we are thankful for the boring day that allowed him to recoup from the violent trauma he has endured. In an effort to celebrate the new year I made a few recommendations to him for his 2011 Resolutions and set a few goals for him. This is the first new years ever that he has just listened and agreed with me. I know he may make a few minor (or major) amendments to the ones I chose for him but I know the big one we agree on is, "Getting out of here restored".

So this place is seeming really familiar. Not sure comfortable is the word I would use but it is certainly more familiar to us than at the beginning of the week. Several new families have come in tonight. Strange how life gets paused when you are up here. During the day there is a lot of officer talk that goes on to pass the time and we all enjoy visiting. As I sit here tonight in this waiting room I need to report several civilians (including myself) are victims of the noise pollution ordinance. I have discreetly videoed the subjects as evidence because there are no words that could accurately describe these sounds or the severity of the violation. I am a little concerned that I violated their right to privacy by recording them so I decided not to post the video. I will share the mug shots of the offenders so that Melissa and my parents will know who to avoid when they are here for the night shift if they plan on sleeping. Although, they may be avoiding each other! This lingo is just so helpful in remaining neutral and unbiased - I just stated the facts.

For tomorrow, we ask that you pray specifically for his fluids to decrease, for his lungs to stay clear, for his levels to improve, for his arm to remain free of infection as the address the injuries and for peace and perspective on this situation. We are thankful he is here, for his progress, his trauma team, our friends, our family, the encouragement and support that surround us and for a God that loves him even more than we can. On a personal seemingly shallow note - I am thankful to a have a sweet hubby that does not snore! How do these people live with these noises every night???

19 comments:

  1. bridge:tell your hubby snoring runs in the family!!HaHA!!JD you are a fighter!!! Keep that path your on!!! Because God with you all the way!! Prayers are still coming your way so you can get up and run!! God has his hands on you and your family during these days. We are proud of you!!! We love you. Aunt Cheryl Tyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridge...I can't wait to get my new piece of jewerly. I just never have enough!!!

    Glad that Little David had another day of rest....that's what he needs. We are ever in prayer for him whenever my eyes are open.

    Thanks for keeping us informed through your words, resolve and humor. Glad that you got to make some New Year resolutions for little david...probably the only year he'll allow you to do that!!

    We continue to pray...whenever my eyes are open...I know that God listens...little david is still with us and getting better each day.

    Hugs and Kisses to you all...see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers keep coming. Have heard of people that gave blood that do not know JD. One comment was we gave because he is important to you, so it is important to us. JD, you do not know how many people you have touched. We will keep praying, pulling for the day we can talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers continuing for all
    Thanks for the updates Bridget
    May our God Bless you all
    with comfort and strength.
    The Eberhart family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers and Healing thoughts continue for JD and the family. Thank you so much for the updates, Bridget.
    The Medve Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget I can't wait to get my hands on my new piece of jewelry! :) Robert will be coming back to Houston for a business meeting on Thursday and he will be staying through the weekend so he can come up to see John and everyone. I hope he will be able to pick up some new bracelets while he's there. I just know they will be a big hit around Dallas.

    Thanks again for this blog we do check it all the time to see how John's coming along. Please send our love to John and give a big hug to Melissa for me since I can't be there myself to do it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read about the accident in the Chronicle and have been following your blog since. I actually live in The Woodlands, and while I may not know Officer Norsworthy, I have tremendous respect for law enforcement and all they do (except maybe speeding tickets...;-)). Anyway, daily prayers are being sent your way. I'm sure God has sent his best angels to watch over John. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo excited about the jewelry. We will make earrings out of them for John David and take pix - he will love it. We'll tell him he went through a "phase" he doesn't remember. Love your post. Amen to boring days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next week. As Amy said, I have a meeting in Houston on Thursday. I am going to change my return flight & take a day of vacation so that I can come back to the hospital to see you guys and John.

    I have to confess that I don't normally spend much time praying. However, I have said some prayers for John and all of you. Hopefully our Lord will give special consideration to infrequent callers. :) My mom, who probably got real good at praying when we were younger, has been spreading the word and has John included in some other prayer circles.

    I am glad that John will have a day of rest today. He certainly has a lot to do and his body is very busy healing.

    It's going to take a long time to bring John up to speed [on what all has transpired since the accident] when he wakes up. I was amazed at all the support that everyone has given, it just shows what a remarkable person he is and how many people love him. I consider John to be one of my best friends and I look forward to when I can be a little less worried about him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. John we are still praying for you and can't wait for you to get better. They said a prayer for you in church today. You have had an influence on more peoples lives than you could ever imagine. We will continue to pray for you.

    Vandykes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today there was a blood drive at church, it was planned long before John's accident but everyone asked that the blood be donated in John's honor. My John wants to get enough bracelets for the Dulles Viking football team since if it wasn't for the Norsworthy family he probably wouldn't be around. :)) I don't know what to say except hospitals are a different place, you're grateful for the people who work there and the care they give your family member but it's a wonderful day when you can see it in the rear view mirror. I can't wait for John David to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bridget - I dont know if you remember me but Im Cindy Hopkins and I used to be your neighbor in the Village and Gracie used to be in Mark's class. Anyway, we go to River Pointe also and my husband knows John from the parking team there. The whole congregation prayed for JD today! It was awesome.

    I want to know how to get a bracelet and I work in the bookstore at church so I would like to put some out there also!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa, Jacob, and Katie....sending you love and keeping each of you in my many prayers as I pray for David to recover, for the doctors and the nurses that care for him each day...What a wonderful blessing we have in our heavenly Father, the Great Physician...as you know it is him that sustains us during these trying times...It seems like just a few days ago we were celebrating with you the restoration of Aunt Hart and Uncle Henry's home..enjoyed that day so much...You are such a precious family...I will pray that with each new day David will be stronger and stronger....sending you love and hugs.....Rosie Norsworthy Stratton

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are still praying that JohnDavid has nothing but better days ahead. Much Love sent to all of you. Bridget, you made me laugh today about the snoring...LOL! Also, I can't wait for my jewelry! Please let me know and I can sell them for you here in Brazoria.. My cell # is 979-418-9216 call me when they come in. If you need my help in anyway dont hesitate to ask. I really want to thank you for all the updates Bridget, I bet everyone wishes they had a sister like you! Also mom (Willie Mae Beard) sends her love. Please pass that to JD. Love, Renee Cotten

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still praying and looking forward to getting my bracelet :)

    Marci A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bridget you are so funny and that snoring, yeah it doesn't start right away - just saying - glad JohnD had a good few days and Melissa said she felt good about today as well - take care, plenty of prayers still coming that way - anxious to get our new stylish wrist bands - I think our computer now goes to this website automatically when we sit in front of it - it's a great way to keep up - Much Love - Vicki and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  17. thinking of you all constantly!!..and knowing this blog has to have reached a million hits by now :) praying today has brought positive reports. ...the Brocks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bridget, just got home from church. Our church is praying for John and the entire family.

    I want a wrist band, a girl never has enough jewelry.

    I enjoy your updates. I check it several times a day.

    You spoke of a song that was in your head. All day I have been singing "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tell me so. Tonight Bro Wayne (our pastor) spoke of that song in his sermon.

    Thank you for all the info. Praying, especiall John, but all of you. Also all of his Drs., may God guide everything they do.
    Elaine Wells

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bridget thank you so much for keeping all of us updated with John's progress. My wife ,Billie Jean, is Robert Alsup's sister. We live in Tennessee close to Nashville. We were in Sugarland for Christmas and had lunch with John and his family on the day of the accident. Although I have only been around John and family a few times I have to say that I my heart has been warmed by their sweetness. We wish that we could be there to wrap our arms around you all. Shortly after hearing of the accident we asked some friends here to pray for John, Melissa, Jacob, and Katie. This situation is perfect for our God to make this a Body of Christ matter since we are related in Him. Standing with y'all in Tennesee.
    Dennis, Billie Jean, and Casey Brown

    ReplyDelete